Welcome

Five years after founding The Gratitude Campaign, I've received over 10,500 e-mails, and 1,500 comments on YouTube. It seems that there is a lot to talk about with regard to gratitude for those who serve; not the least of which is the ever present challenge of understanding how to keep the politics out of it. Hopefully this blog will give us an opportunity for some rational, reasonable, and respectful discussion. I hope you'll join us...



~Scott Truitt, FOUNDER



http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/

Thursday, November 4, 2010

MSG Kevin Johnson


I had a rather lengthy blog that I was going to post today. I was just putting the final touches on it when I received an e-mail informing me of some very sad news.


Master Sergeant Kevin Johnson, who appears in our video, passed away last night.


I've written before about Heroes. Kevin is my hero. He was an ordinary guy who did extraordinary things. He was humble, mild, gracious, polite, caring, fun, understanding... and I will miss him terribly.


Please join me in a moment of reflection and empathy for Kevin and his loved ones. And please, honor his memory and his service.

5 comments:

  1. He was an amazing Man...dedicated Soldier. I worked with him in the WA NG. Will be missed. A true hero who saw the best and worst in this world. God Bless Master Sergeant Kevin Johnson.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for honoring Kevin's memory. He was our very good friend and neighbor and we miss him very much. We remember how proud he was to work on this video. And we appreciate being able to see him in it now.
    Loren and Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to hear this news. I just discovered your video and blog from a Facebook post today. Thank you all who are currently serving, who have served, and who are left behind at home from those you love that are serving. We appreciate you. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know MSG Kevin Johnson, however I feel compelled to write a moment of condolences. To thank his family for MSG Johnson's service. To send a note to his family, and give heartfelt sympathy. I truly appreciate our troops service. I think about their sacrifice everyday. I thank them in my heart everyday for perserving our freedom. To the Johnson family, please enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday.

    Madonna Schaeffer
    Buffalo, New York

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin and I have been freinds for almost 20 years. He taught me about being a good soldier and a good leader. I miss him and think about him almost every day. Thanks for everything Kev, I love you.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

One of the things that we at The Gratitude Campaign are most grateful for is our Freedom of Speech. But with Freedom comes responsibility. We ask that you keep your comments constructive and respectful to others. Disagreement is fine -- in fact, we celebrate it. Let's just show that we can disagree peacefully and respectfully.

Out of respect to the families of those who have served and struggled, please do not use last names when referring to Service Members. Posts with last names may be removed.